Sunday 10 August 2008

6 random things

Have only just discovered this tag!

I was 5ft 2 1/2 ins when I was younger - now about 5ft 1in I should think

Was the eldest, with 3 brothers, 7, 15 and 17 years younger than me. (Oh and a half sister 6 years older)

Have lived in North Yorkshire, Durham and Northumberland all my life - bar 4 years in Singapore

Absolutely love my garden and am never happier than when I am working in it.

Have been a County (Northumberland and North Yorkshire) and District (Richmondshire) Councillor

Was an active member of the WRVS for about 20 odd years, starting with the Food Flying Squad and ending with District Organiser for Hexham area , via North Yorkshire Hospitals Organiser and NY County Organiser.

3 comments:

bradan said...

Withy, one day I hope to say that I 'absolutely love my garden', but at the moment I think I hate it!

May I ask, what is the Food Flying Squad? Sounds rather intriguing...

Blossomcottage said...

Lots in common Withy, I too am shorter than I was, I have lived in the same area with 25 miles of where I was born all my life and I LOVE MY GARDEN.
Thanks for sharing
Love Blossom

Frances said...

I know you are going to tell us about the Food Flying Squad! Solve that mystery for us.

Your randoms are great ... love their randomness! Have to say that I am not sure if I still am my remembered 5' 2 and 3/4 inches tall! I was proud of that 3/4 inch.

xo